My town is having it’s annual Peddler’s Fair this weekend. It’s basically a giant flea market, probably around 500 stalls, and it takes up an entire street. It’s the closest flea market for vintage/handmade stuff to me, so I’m definitely going to hit it up this weekend. My mom lives approximately 20 feet from it, so I’m going to go once in the morning, and once at the end, just so I can get the best deals.
Anyways, here is my list of goodies I will be on the lookout for.
1. Vintage Cameras and Film – I’m addicted to film photography, and I’d love to test out some expired film. The chance of finding any film is pretty slim, but Brownie, Polaroid, and other vintage cameras will definitely make an appearance. This is what I’m going to be looking for in the morning, so I can snatch it up before anyone else does.
2. Rings – Specifically turquoise rings, but honestly, I have huge fingers, so anything that fits me is probably going in my bag. I’ll also keep an eye out for 18k+ gold jewelry, but not very closely.
3. A Bag – I need a new bag for school,so why not check out some vintage ones? Specifically Samsonite and overnight bags, but I’ll be looking out for everything.
4. Posters/Pictures/Stuff-to-hang-on-my-walls – I’ve got this great blank wall in my room, and I’ve started filling it up with goodies, but I hate cutting up my magazines for fodder, so I’ll be on the lookout for these near the end of the day, o they will hopefully be cheap.
5. Vintage Dresses – While I doubt any will be there, I’m crossing my fingers! Maybe even some from the 70’s!(those prairie mini dresses are quite flattering when belted!)